V I S I O N
CERIN envisions to bridge the undertakings of UMak with opportunities and resources that the wide world of the industry and workforce could offer through sustainable and institutionalized academic linkages.
M I S S I O N
CERIN encourages external organizations, corporations, and industries to institutionally link with UMak in creating academic affiliations that are committed to create and implement innovative and sustainable curricular programs for the faculty and students of the University.
F U N C T I O N S
1. Acts as a liaison of the Office of the University Secretary (OUSec) to the various business and industry, government and non-government, and academic sectors in the development and implementation of comprehensive networking and linkages for the University;
2. Promotes the University through goodwill and relationship building and/or strengthening among active and inactive partners, prospects, and the general public as a credible and sustainable academic partner;
3. Conducts year-round search and evaluation of potential and current partners from the industries and businesses, government and non-government organizations, and educational institutions, in collaboration with the different colleges/centers/offices of the University;
4. Explores non-traditional modes of partnerships to improve overall standing of UMak as a tertiary University, through collaborations on research funding/subsidy, paper presentations, publications, other curriculum development and extension service opportunities;
5. Consolidates and updates a comprehensive and readily available list and portfolio of partners for documentation and review, and long-term, develops an assessment mechanism to objectively evaluate the existing partnerships and determine areas of sustainability or improvement;
6. Assists the OUSec and the college/center/office proponents in facilitating and reviewing their partnership contracts to be approved and endorsed to the UMak Management Committee and UMak Executive Committee for signing, notarization, distribution, and monitoring; and
7. Facilitates institutionalization of memberships of select colleges/centers/offices of the University with key organizations that will have long-term benefits and outcomes for UMak and its constituents.